Tuesday, March 13, 2007

General Pace and his Rhetoric

What about that...
 
 
The fucknugget said
 
"So the 'don't ask, don't tell' [policy] allows an individual to serve the country ... if we know about immoral acts, regardless of committed by who, then we have a responsibility.

"I do not believe that the armed forces are well served by saying through our policies that it's OK to be immoral in any way, not just with regards to homosexual acts," the Joint Chiefs chairman said.

"So from that standpoint, saying that gays should serve openly in the military to me says that we, by policy, would be condoning what I believe is immoral activity," he added"

So, if we are follow a strict moral code in the Military, and not allow any one to serve who is, in any way, involved in "imoral" behavior -- who does that leave us with in the miltary?

I guess Mr. Pace ( I will refrain from calling General....as he doesnt deserve the title) is perfect, has never done an immoral thing in his view?  Or is it just immoral when someone else does it?  Is this a "do as I say, not as I do" game?

If the Legal Defence Fund is right, and there are some 65,000 GLBT servicemembers, I would LOVE to see the day they all came out together. Lets see what the military does then?  65,000 court martials?  Pulling solider numbers way down, and stretching the resources even more? Ha...doubt ful!

 

Turns out, the first American wounded in Iraq is gay, and here is what he has to say about this shebang:  http://www.hrc.org/Template.cfm?Section=Home&CONTENTID=35817&TEMPLATE=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm

 



--
Ken P.

Visit my blog @ http://floridaken77.blogspot.com

No comments: